Sunday 2 February 2014

The Resolutions- 1 Month On

I've never really been one to make New Years Resolutions, but this year I thought I'd give it ago...
So obviously, it's been a month into 2014 and I thought I'd let you all know about my resolutions and how I'm doing basically...

1) Look after yourself.
My first resolution was to look after myself. This includes looking after my skin and my insides.
I basically decided to start eating healthier and exercising more. To be 100% honest, I'm a healthy and active person anyway, I do around 3 hours dance training two, maybe three times a week and I eat good foods. However, I really just wanted to become healthier in myself. To do this, I've taken up 'latino fit' classes in my local sport centre. It's sort of a cross between body conditioning, dance, aerobics and weights all mashed into a one hour class. As you can probably tell, it's very intense. But I've already been feeling the benefits it! The classes are also really fun so I look forward to them every week.
As far as eating healthily goes, I think I've been doing pretty well. I definitely been eating less chocolate and sweets and my overall diet has been pretty good. One of my favourite new snacks is honey drizzled over apple, raspberries, strawberries and banana. mmmmm
So, the second half of my resolution was to look after my skin. I've just been very strict on myself to remove my makeup properly each night, treat my skin and give it what it needs. As well as this, I've been really focused on keeping my actual body nourished and healthy. Before, I'd moisturise my body occasionally, (about once a month if I could be bothered... bad, I know) but I've been moisturising it every night to keep it soft and lovely.
Overall, Resolution #1 has been going great! I can honestly say that I can already feel the benefits and I won't been slacking on this one any time soon.

2) Be more organised.
This is where it starts going downhill...
I basically decided that I would be more organised with school work and other stuff in general but it hasn't really gone well.
I still don't write things down in my planner or on a calendar. I get the things done, but often at last minute.
However, I have just organised my computer. I've sorted out all of my files,renamed about 500 different documents and songs,  deleted things I don't need and backed all of my work up. That's pretty organised in my book...
Yeah, so #2 hasn't gone the greatest so far, but I have another 11 months to improve...

3) Keep your bedroom tidy.
And this is where things hit rock bottom.
Let's just say, I'm currently sat on my bed surrounded by CD's, DVD'S, magazines and clothes...


And there you have it, my resolutions and how well (or terribly) I'm doing one month into a brand new year.
How are your resolutions going???

Don't forget to follow me on- 



No comments:

Post a Comment