Wednesday 29 January 2014

Expensive Pink

In preparation for Valentines Day, I created a lovely soft pink smokey eye. It's great for the day and for the evening so you'll be set whenever.


If I had a Valentines date (uhhh... hint hint), then this is the look I'd wear. I've honestly fallen in love with it recently because it's just so pretty, shimmery and simple. Oh, and the pink really makes my blue eyes stand out :)


Starting out with my Maybelline Colour Tattoo in Pink Gold, I apply a thin layer all over my eyelid, slightly into the crease and under my eye, leaving the very inner corner free of colour. Simple


I then used Expensive Pink by MAC and went over the pink base, so all over basically. This shade is so gorgeous! It leaves a really nice sheen and yeah, you neeeeed this in your makeup collection. 
Then, I took my bronze Rimmel eyeliner and used it to line my upper and lower lashline. I also created a little wing to make the look slightly more dramatic.
I quickly followed this with Urban Decays Faint eyeshadow to smudge out the line. I also blended this into the crease to add soft definition to the eye. 
Finally, I used Urban Decays Venus eyeshadow to highlight the inner corner, brow bone and very inner third of the lower lash line. 


To finish the look, I applied a few coats of mascara and also added some gold Collection glitter eyeliner. This just added a little glitz to the look without being too out there.
Finally, I used my Fit Me Concealer to clean up around the eye, just in case any eyeshadow dropped onto my cheeks. 

And there we have it, the finished look. As I said, I really love how pretty this combination is and I'll be wearing this around Valentines, even if I'm just out with my family. 

Don't forget to follow me on- 






No comments:

Post a Comment