Thursday 15 August 2013

Another Beauty Tag...

If you're wondering where I've been for the past few days,well, I've become very familiar with the constant smell of VIC. That's right, I've been ill... *cue "awhhhhhs"*

So, as I haven't felt well enough to plan and photograph items, I thought I'd just fall back into the safe option and complete a TAG. I don't know who began this, or where I got it from but I'm doing it anyway.

1. Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
I started blogging because I knew I was going on a few trips throughout the year so I thought a blog would be a great place to share my adventures. However, before I even went on my first trip, I decided that beauty and fashion blogging would be fun to do aswell, so that's what happened :) I've been blogging for around 6 months now and it really has gone so fast!

2. Whose blog did you fall in love with first?
This is such a common, generic answer but I'm being honest... zoella ! 
I must admit, I didn't know anything about blogs. I was more into Youtube videos and it wasn't until Zoe would say "There's more details in my blog" that I actually thought hmm... this could be interesting.
After I found Zoella, I found so many more blogs that I loved.

3. What was the first hyped about product that you bought? Was it worth the hype?
um... I'm pretty sure it was the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette. I'm not going to go into too much detail because it has been talked about so so much! But, yes... it was definitely worth the hype! I ordered mine from Beauty Bay and I'm so glad I did :) Highly recommended.

4. What are your favourite things about blogging and being a beauty blogger?
First of all, I love doing all the planning before writing a blog post, form the research to the photography to the actual writing. Doing research about products is so interesting and helps me find similar products that I end up loving!
I also love some of the comments I get. Honestly, I don't get a lot but when I do, they are so lovely and make me so happy to find out that people like my posts. Thankyou :)
Another thing I love is how I can document important things, such as my trips to Paris and Poland. It's somewhere that I can put my pictures and share things that I did on my little adventures.
And finally, I love buying things to try out and include in my posts. I suppose that's a selfish thing, but I love it hahah...

5. What have you learnt about being a beauty blogger?
I've learnt so much about fashion and makeup, including the fact that I buy both far too often. Blogging has also helped me realise that it's okay to have different opinions. Just because a few people love certain items and create a hype around it, doesn't mean I have to feel the same way.

6. Have you changed anything since becoming a beauty blogger?
I haven't changed anything about how I blog, I still use my little digital camera to take pictures, which isn't too bad :) However, I have changed the layout of my blog many times by changing the header, widgets and side bar thingys... 

7. What advice would you give to a beauty blogger starting out?
My most important tip is to not feel pressured into writing posts about certain things at a certain time. Do things your way! Make sure you're writing about things that you love or are interested in writing about... sure, if people request certain things, feel free to write about them, but make sure you want to first. Also, write when you want too, not when other people say you should. 
Also, believe me when I say this, it really doesn't matter if you have 30,000 followers or 3 or 0! If you're enjoying it, it's likely that other people are too. Just because they don't follow you, doesn't mean they don't read your posts. Seriously, I know this as I currently have 3 followers on Bloglovin' but, I have over 3000 page views. I know that's not the most, but it means people make the effort to visit my page and sometimes, even comment to tell me how much they like my blog :) I cherish my three little followers :)

8. What are your top 5 makeup brands?
I love certain brands for certain things so I'll specify as I go along...
MAC- My go to for foundation and eyeshadows. Being super pale, more often than not, drugstore brands do not carry foundation shades light enough for my skin... sigh. Also, the shadows are so pigmented and smooth, perrrrrrrfect :)
Maybelline- I buy the majority of my 'eye' products from Maybelling, including mascaras, they really are just as good as high end ones. I also love the eye colour tattoos as bases for eyeshadows :) And finally, the gel eyeliner is phenomenal! 
Rimmel- Rimmel is definitely my favourite brand for lipsticks/glosses. They are so pigmented and opaque. The Kate line for Rimmel have my favourite colours and formulas.
Benefit- I don't even know where to start. I love benefit for blushes, highlighters, stains eye kits. oh my... I really do just love Benefit cosmetics...
Real Techniques- I know this isn't a makeup brand, but, it's a makeup application brand! I'm really a believer in using brushes as they just makeup your makeup look so much more flawless and 'done'. The brushes are amazing and so much cheaper than MAC brushes.

9. Recommend your top 5 beauty products.
Maybelline Falsies Flared Mascara- I love love love this mascara! It gives me the perfect eyelash look; long, voluminous and 'soft' looking. 
Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette- The perfect palette for beginners, travel, minimalists and touching up on the go. This palette is so small but really amazing! Definitely worth the money!
Benefit Watts Up Highlighting Stick- This creates such a gorgeous glow when applied to the skin. It is quite pricey but you get so much product and a little goes a long way!

Real Techniques Core Collection and Starter Kit- This might count as two but I'm cheating. These really are the best brushes and apply your makeup flawlessly. Buy them... Seriously!
Maybelline Fit Me Concealer- This concealer is perfect for creating a flawless base on top or underneath foundation, or just on its own for a natural look. Cheap, cheerful and such a great product :)

So, this took longer than I though but oh well, better something than nothing :)
I hope you enjoyed this TAG.
I promise that as soon as I'm feeling better, post will go back to normal yay!

Don't forget to follow me on- 





No comments:

Post a Comment