Monday 5 August 2013

Weird things you probably didn't need to know...

I did the 25 facts about me  TAG a few months ago, but it just consisted of fairly normal facts.
So, today, I thought I'd reveal a little more things about myself... weird and wonderful facts if you will. Hopefully you will learn a little more about me and if you share something with me, please tell me in the comments so I don't feel so strange... 

1. I cannot tell the time. Okay, so I can kind of tell the time, but I do it wrong. Basically, the hands confuse me and I don't say things like 20 to (the hour), I prefer to say 40 past (the hour). Now, I do have a reason for this, I am able to justify my 'time choices'. If you're in the current hour, you should talk about the time in reference to that hour, not the next one, as you're not in it... does that make sense? 
It's the same as saying, on a Tuesday (for instance) "I'll see you next Saturday". That doesn't mean the Saturday included in the current week, it means the Saturday in the NEXT week.
Am I the only one who understands what I'm saying???

2. I also cannot use a knife and fork CORRECTLY... correctly being the key word here.
I can use a knife and fork to cut my food (or pull it apart, however you look at it), I'm just unable to use it the conventional way...
If I do try and use them in the right hands with the right techniques or whatever, my fingers just slide and the knife doesn't sit right, it's all just very hard for me...

Now, I know what you're thinking "Eleri, you're 16 and you can't tell the time or use knifes and forks? What were you taught as a child???" I know I know... BUT, who said that there is a right and wrong way to do those things? hmmm.... think about it.

3. I cannot sleep in the day. Once I'm awake, I will stay awake until the night... No mid day naps for me. 
I do find this frustrating as sometimes you need the extra hours, but my body does not allow it, believe me, I try.

4. I'm obsessed with the smell of coffee, but cannot stand the taste. I think this is common with quite a lot of people really, but I'm throwing it in any way. Coffee is one of my favourite smells. Sometimes, I'll walk into Starbucks, without the intention of buying anything, ponder for a while, then leave, just to smell the coffee. That's basically why this fact has been thrown in as you cannot deny it, that last part is a little weird...

5. My grandad is sadly not with us anymore, but I have a little picture of him in a frame. This picture comes everywhere with me. Well, not eeeeverywhere, but important places. When I go on holidays, he's there. My sisters graduation, he was there. My cousins wedding, he will be there... I don't know, I just feel like he's actually watching then. Is that weird, or just sweet. I don't know.

And finally....

6. I'm very particular about tidy-ness in certain situations.
My bedroom, for example, is a little messy. I like it that way. It makes me feel safer because my room looks a little more 'lived in'. I feel very uncomfortable in rooms that are minimal and very tidy...
However, when I'm working, I have to have my paper in front of me, my pencil case to the left of the paper, my pen, pencil and ruler to the right side, a rubber just above the pen, pencil and ruler, and a bottle of water directly in front of my paper. I feel like the clearer my work station, the clearer my mind.
I'm a very juxtaposed person

So, it was pretty fun thinking of all these strange things, it made me realise how weird I can be.
Anyway, one of the purposes of this post was to tell you to embrace your 'flaws', 'differences' and 'weirdness' because, if we were all the same, and did everything perfectly, and no one was quirky or different, the world would be a very very very boring place...

Don't forget to follow me on- 



No comments:

Post a Comment