Thursday 8 August 2013

Back To Basics

Recently I've realised that I'm lacking a lot of basic items in both my wardrobe and makeup collection, so I decided to stock up on items and actually managed to do it without breaking the bank.

Clothes


I ordered a few basic dresses from Missguided last week and I'm so happy with them! The grey and orange are normal length dresses but the purple is a midi dress.
The quality is amazing but that's not even the best part... they were super super cheap!
They're from the Sweet Deal section so they were all under £10. In fact, they all cost £5.99! 
There's so much on offer in the Sweet Deal section, so take a look :) http://www.missguided.co.uk/catalog/category/view/s/sweet-deal/id/1005/


I also bought these tights from Missguided just because I thought they were really cool...
They were £2.99 and I bought them because I envisioned them with the grey or orange dress, Doc Martens and a leather jacket.

Aaaaaand that's it for clothes...

Makeup


Obviously concealer and foundation are essentials. I do have both items, (the concealer was a repurchase) but I needed a foundation that really matched my very pale skin.
A few weeks ago I went to the MAC store near me and had a foundation matched. It was such a great feeling walking away with a foundation that matched both my skin tone and skin type! I ended up buying the MatchMaster foundation in 1.0 (The lightest shade) and I love it. It was expensive, cough*£26*cough, but to have something that actually matches my skin is really important to me. Also, there's actually more product in the bottle than in other foundations.
I love the Maybelline Fit Me concealer so this was just a repurchase. My shade is 15 and I paid £5.49 at my local Boots store. 
I also bought an eyelash curler from boots because a few weeks ago, I decided that my eyelashes were kind of straight and lacking in the 'visibility' department. This one is actually Boots own make and cost me £6, but I'm really impressed and it makes a huge difference to my eyes.


I also picked up two lipsticks on my journey through Boots! Both are Kate lipsticks by Rimmel London and these are actually my favourite lipsticks from Rimmel (the ones in the red tubes and the Kates line in the black tubes) because the formulation is great, it doesn't dry out your lips and they're super long lasting. What's not to love? I bought a nude and a red, both staple colours in everyones collection.
I can't tell you how long I've been looking for the perfect nude lipstick. Having very pale skin meant most nudes I've looked at make me look dead, or as if I have brown lips... not a good look. However, this is the most perfect nude ever! It's more brownish/peach than pink and I think that's why I'm able to wear it. It looks really natural and I really love it. It's in shade 113 and I recommend it to anyone who's looking for a nude lipstick.
I also bought number 111, Kiss of Life (I'm not sure why this has an actual name and the others don't, favouritism maybe...hmmm). It's just a basic cherry red and looks beautiful on all skin tones. There's nothing much to say about this colour, it's just really basic and everyone should get it...
I paid £5.49 for each of these colours and believe me, they should be worth a lot more. They're so pigmented and creamy and last for ages without drying out your lips.


So, there you have it. A few basic items that won't break the bank :)

Don't forget to follow me on- 



No comments:

Post a Comment