Wednesday 3 April 2013

Avon Smooth Minerals *Review*

My first review a-woo-hoo!

I've had this mineral foundation in my collection for a while. I actually bought it accidentally, thinking it was a loose setting powder.


So my first experience with this product wasn't very good, as I thought it was a loose setting powder, I layered it over my liquid foundation and the results, I was ORANGE. This may be down to the fact that the powder is very orange, even for the lightest shade. Because of this, I put the powder back down and left it, forgot about it even.

A rather heavy swatch. As you can see, It's extremely orange compared to my pale skin.

Long story short, I stayed well away from the powder.
That is until the I had a change of heart. Every product deserves a second chance.

I picked up the powder and my Real Techniques Buffing Brush and tested the product out again. I was extremely careful when it came to loading the brush up with product as I didn't want the oompa loompa look again. 
The more I began to buff the foundation into my skin, the more I fell in love. The powder becomes part of your skin and gives you an amazing natural finish. The powder has quite noticeable glitter running through, however, once on the skin, it blends in to give you a gorgeous glow. 
As I said, you do have to be quite careful when buffing it into your skin as wherever you place the product first, it can leave an orange circle. But don't let that put you off, you just need a soft hand.
You don't get a lot of coverage from the powder, but it really evens out your skin tone. Also, if you use very little product at a time, you can layer it without the orange colour coming through.

As you can see, it's barely noticeable when blended in.

I do find that the foundation is long wearing and it doesn't make my skin oily or greasy by the end of the day. 

So, if you want a natural, long wearing foundation; head over to the Avon website and order this bad boy! Just beware of the orangeness (I don't think that's a real word but oh well) 

As I said, I think I'm in love. I'm sure I'll get a lot of wear out of this foundation in the summer, exciting ahhhh! 

Dont forget to follow me on-


No comments:

Post a Comment